EMPOWERMENT LIFE COACHING PROGRAM
12 Week Life Coaching Program
Includes the book : “Empowerment, the Art of Creating Your Life the
Way You Want It”
by David Gershon and Gail Straub
Consists of 12 weekly 1 hour sessions (either by phone or in person)
Focus is on Creating each of these 7 Life Areas the Way You Want Them to Be:
Emotions, Relationships, Sexuality, The Body, Money, Work and Spirituality
Total for 12 week course: $898.00
Click Below to Pay by PayPal:
Video Information on the Empowerment Coaching Program on YouTube:
Info on Empowerment Coaching Part 1 http://youtu.be/oFfxlx6E5io
Information on Empowerment Coaching Part 2 http://youtu.be/2cGY4Q-2gMg
Track One: Empowerment Life Coach http://youtu.be/9wGaen-IzH4
Empowerment Institute: An Overview http://youtu.be/IvYqEBfwaWg
Beyond Having the Answers http://youtu.be/ZsYlNnNfDf8
Societal Change Applications of Track One http://youtu.be/izz3gPhNTWk
Coaching can be done over the phone or Skype
This is where I perform my Coaching Services if you’d like to do them in Person
(By Appointment Only – Weekday, Evening and Weekend hours available)
Near the Intersection of Northwest Hwy and Oakton
Please Note that 24 Hour Notice is Required for Cancellation or Re-Scheduling,
If Appointment is Cancelled Less than 24 Hours in Advance OR You Miss the Appointment,
There is a $25 Missed Appointment Fee.
The purpose of the Empowerment Life Coaching Program is to enable a client to envision and create the life they want. This has been the express purpose of David Gershon and Gail Straub’s internationally acclaimed personal development training, the Empowerment Workshop, attended by thousands over the past twenty years. Their best selling book Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life As You Want It has helped popularize empowerment in the mainstream culture.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
- PROGRAM PURPOSE AND STRUCTURE: The purpose of the life coaching program is empowering clients to envision and create the life they most want. The program is structured around exercises from the Empowerment workbook guided by your personal growth facilitation. It is divided into three parts: developing a personal growth foundation; envisioning life dreams; manifesting these dreams.
- TWELVE SESSIONS: There are 12 one-hour weekly sessions conducted either in person or via telephone. This pacing allows you the time to assimilate the growth and maintain motivation.
- SESSION STRUCTURE: You prepare for each session by completing your assigned reading and a personal growth exercise from the Empowerment workbook. This enables the session to be focused and productive. The format for sessions include an open-ended check-in time; review of the reading and assigned exercise; a guided exercise, discussion and growth facilitation.
- SEQUENCING OF SESSIONS: Each session builds upon what is learned in previous sessions. To get the full benefit of the program, it is recommended that you go through the program as outlined in the Empowerment workbook. This sequence is based on The Empowerment Institutes work with thousands of people and has proven the most effective way to maximize the results you desire. If you wishe to spend an extra session or two probing deeper into particular area of life, It is recommended that you first complete the program. The other parts of life often provide the missing facets to allow in-depth work in any one area to be the most successful.
- LONG-TERM COACHING: After completing the 12 session program you will have many dreams for your life in the form of focused affirmations and visualizations. Although you have learned how to work with these precious mental seeds on a daily basis, you may wish continued coaching to stay motivated particularly when you hit obstacles or to probe deeper into a particular area of life. And once you have begun manifesting these dreams, if you have truly integrated the empowerment model, you will be on to you next “growing edge.” This again will benefit from my coaching.
The frequency of scheduling this type of coaching depends on the purpose. If you wishe in depth coaching on an area of life uncovered during the program, weekly sessions will be good. You will then need time to apply the coaching before returning to you. If you want on-going support for manifesting your growing edges I could schedule bi-weekly or monthly coaching sessions. If periodic growing edge tune-ups are requested, quarterly or semi-annual sessions are a good frequency.
PRIOR TO SESSION 1
* The Empowerment Life Coaching Program enables you to create your life exactly the way you want it.
* There are two reasons we don’t have what we want in our lives:
1. We don’t know what we want.
2. We don’t have the tools to manifest it.
* This program will help you develop a comprehensive vision for your life and provide you the tools and personal coaching to manifest it.
* It goes beyond a therapeutic approach to growth which primarily focuses on healing wounds from the past. Rather, it helps you envision what you most desire and create it. If you discover wounds along the way, you have the compelling power of your dreams to help you heal quickly and move on.
* In other words, you are motivated to grow by the power of your dreams rather than your wounds. We will be watering the seeds of your life rather than the weeds.
* This program is based on the pioneering empowerment research and training work of David Gershon and Gail Straub. They developed this program and over the past 20 years trained thousands of people and empowerment practitioners all over the world. They have also popularized these concepts and techniques through their best selling book, Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life as You Want It. This book will serve as a key tool in the work we will be doing.
* I have been personally trained and certified by them as an empowerment life coach through participating in their Empowerment Institute.
* Along with the certification and training I received from the Empowerment Institute, and my life experiences my personal motivation to do this work comes from my desire to help people discover and manifest their dreams, their true heart’s desire.
* This is how the Empowerment Life Coaching Program works.
- The program is structured around exercises from the Empowerment workbook and my personal growth facilitation. It is divided into three parts: developing a personal growth foundation; envisioning your life dreams; manifesting these dreams.
- There are 12 one-hour weekly sessions. This pacing allows you time to assimilate the growth and maintain motivation.
- You prepare for each session in advance by reading and doing a personal growth exercise from the Empowerment workbook. This maximizes the focus and productivity of the session. Each session is divided into three parts: an open-ended check-in time; review of the reading and exercise; a guided exercise, discussion and growth facilitation.
- Each session builds upon what is learned in previous sessions. To get the full benefit of the program, we will go through the program as outlined in the Empowerment workbook. This sequence is based on the prior experience of thousands of people and has proven the most effective way to maximize the results you desire. If you wish to spend an extra session or two probing deeper into any particular topic, we can do that after the program.
- At the end of the 12 session program you will have inspiring and grounded dreams for each part of your life and the empowerment tools to manifest them. In fact many will have already begun to manifest. If you wish on-going support in manifesting these dreams I will be there for you as a coach. At that time you can determine how you may wish to use me.
- Take responsibility for your experience. You will get out of the empowerment life coaching program exactly what you put into it. To get the most value you need to take full responsibility to get this program to work for you. If something is unclear please ask questions. It’s up to you to get what you need. To take full responsibility you need to come into the program with two qualities – wholeheartedness and an open mind.
* Wholeheartedness. This is a full engagement of the heart. A willingness to be truly open to growing and giving what’s in your heart a voice. It is an invitation to truly give yourself to this process. You will get out of it exactly what you give to it – no more and no less. You will be investing your time and money to improve your life – make sure you take advantage of your full investment.
* Open-mindedness. This is being willing to keep an open-mind about what is really possible for your life. It also is allowing yourself to receive any new ideas from this program with an open-mind. Allow them in, consider them and challenge them if you wish, but consider them. To create your life differently from the way it is you need to operate with a different set of beliefs. Allow these beliefs in.
* Time Commitment: Once we start, we will be doing deep and focused work. To help you sustain the quality of the work, it is important that we keep to the schedule we set up.
The purpose of Empowerment Life Coaching is to help you create your life as you want it. That is our focus. Along the way we will be addressing those blockages or limiting beliefs that are in the way, and this often heals deep blockages and “baggage” you have been carrying. But this is not therapy. If you wish to work on healing deep traumas in your life I recommend you work with a therapist. This can either be done parallel, before or after doing this coaching program.
* To prepare for Session 1, please read Chapter 1, Introduction to Empowerment and do the “Exploring Your Growing Edge” exercise starting on page 14. Bring the book to each session. Please also get yourself an unlined journal to do the exercises at home and in our sessions. Remember to bring your journal to our sessions.
Throughout these sessions we will be covering what you truly want and what your “growing edges” are in each of these chapters of your life:
Emotions, Relationships, Sexuality, Body, Money, Work and Spirituality.
EMPOWERMENT INSTITUTE PROGRAM FRAMEWORK
EMPOWERMENT MODEL – STRATEGY FOR TRANSFORMATION
- SHIFT FROM PATHOLOGY TO VISION – Focus on possibilities not problems.
- SHIFT FROM STATIC TO ORGANIC GROWTH (THE GROWING EDGE) – Focus on on-going learning and growing.
- INTEGRATION OF SELF-AWARENESS AND MANIFESTATION OF DESIRED OUTCOME / BEHAVIOR CHANGE – Focus on measurable results as outcome of transformation.
- Empowerment Methodology – Operating System for Transformation
- AWARENESS – Increase knowledge to determine what is desired. (Where am I now?)
- VISION – Translate knowledge into a compelling vision. (Where do I want to go?)
- TRANSFORMATION – Identify any limiting beliefs and adjust vision accordingly. (What do I need to change to get there?)
- GROWTH – Articulate next developmental step in a statement of intention and visual image. (What’s my next growth step?)
Principles of Manifestation
Principle of Creative thought
“As the plant springs from, and could not be without, the seed, so every act of a person springs from the hidden seeds of thought, and could not have appeared without them. A person’s mind may be likened to a garden, which may be intelligently cultivated or allowed to run wild; but whether cultivated or neglected, it must and will bring forth.” James Allen, As A Man Thinketh
- Thought is creative. What we think about and believe we create in our life.
- The conditions and circumstances of our life at this moment in time are a result of what we presently believe.
- If we want to change any part of our life which we don’t desire, we must first change those beliefs that created it.
- If we want to create anything new in our life, we must first mentally create the new belief.
- To change the undesired conditions of our life and create the new conditions we desire, we must thoughtfully examine the contents of our belief system.
Principle of Mental Clearing
- We cannot effectively manifest a new belief if we simultaneously hold old beliefs that oppose it.
- What manifests is what we truly believe, not what we would like to believe.
- Mental clearing is the process of identifying and transforming limiting beliefs.
Principle of Vision
- We are motivated to release an old belief with which we are familiar, albeit often painfully, if we have a new belief and vision to replace it.
- The more definite and compelling the vision, the more we invest ourselves emotionally to manifest it.
- A useful metaphor is a garden. To motivate us to clear out weeds, rocks and roots on a plot of land, we need a clear vision of the garden we are creating. The more compelling, the more motivated we are to do the work of clearing the land.
Empowerment Tools: Techniques for Transformation and Behavior Change
A Written Intention About the Growing Edge – Your New Belief or Affirmation
- State in the positive – sets intention around what you actually want
- Be succinct – the more to the point, the easier to focus on it
- Be specific – helps sharpen your intention
- Be magnetic – use language that is motivational to you
- State it in the present tense – keeps intention real time
- Include you in it – makes it personal
- About changes for you, not others – focus is on what you need to change
A Visual Image About the Growing Edge – Your New Belief or Visualization
- Should evoke feeling – creates emotional buy-in
- Be single image – helps focus
- Include you in it – makes personal
- Can be literal or a metaphor – whichever best heightens emotion
- Physically draw or describe – makes concrete
- Regularly repeat statement of intention (affirmation) and visualize image (visualization) to strengthen new belief.
- Physically enact the new behavior to build confidence and strengthen ownership.
- Identify and transform limiting beliefs to stay on the growing edge.
- Interpret feedback and make adjustments as necessary to growth strategy, intention and image.
- Celebrate accomplishments.
Creating a New Growing Edge
- Where am I now around this issue?
- What would I like it to look like?
- What do I need to change to get there? Write as a limiting belief and then do turn-around.
- What is my next growth step? State as an affirmation and visualization.
- Ask, do I believe it’s possible? Adjust as needed to reflect the growing edge.
The Originators of the Empowerment Institute
Gail Straub and David Gershon
“Personal empowerment may well be the key to our collective survival. David Gershon and Gail Straub, creators of the massive initiative, the First Earth Run, have addressed the issue of personal empowerment not just theoretically but practically.”
-Marilyn Ferguson, author and publisher, The Brain/Mind Bulletin
The Empowerment Life Coaching Program is based on the pioneering empowerment research and training work of David Gershon and Gail Straub. Over the past 20 years they offered their acclaimed Empowerment Workshop and Art of Empowerment to thousands of people all over the world.
These trainings evolved into their Empowerment Institute Certification Program, considered by many as a state of the art methodology for facilitation of personal, organizational, and community transformation.
They have also popularized these concepts and techniques through their best selling book, Empowerment: The Art of Creating Your Life as You Want It. It has been translated into five languages, and is used worldwide as a basis for empowerment support groups and life coaching.
They have appeared on many TV and radio interview shows discussing their ideas on empowerment.
David and Gail have also applied their knowledge of empowerment to societal change. In 1986 in cooperation with ABC televisions and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), they organized a major global event called the First Earth Run. A lighted torch was passed through 62 countries encircling the planet. 25 million people and 45 heads-of-state participated in this event celebrating our possibilities to live in harmony with each other on the Earth. Several million dollars were raised that went directly to the neediest children of the planet.
In 1999 David founded Empowerment Institute, an international consulting, training and project management company. It specializes in behavior change program design and implementation of large scale organizational transformation projects. Its clients consist of public sector agencies, corporations and non profits.
A fun story I’d like to share:
David Gershon was approached after a seminar several years ago by a man who asked him if he would coach his band. David asked what type of band it was and the man replied, oh it’s a rock band, we’ve gone through some rocky times and we are blocked, we are really having trouble writing songs for our new album. The band was Aerosmith and this was when they were recovering from their drug use. After David’s coaching using one of our techniques that helps you find your “growing edge” the band wrote their best selling album “Living on the Edge”.
some other testimonials:
“I consider the Empowerment Workshop and Transformative Leadership Training life changing experiences that still continue to have a great impact on me.”
-John Mackey, Founder, Chairman and CEO Whole Foods Market
“The Empowerment Workshop profoundly affected my life. It gave me a foundation of self-trust that I needed to create my business. I have no idea how I would have believed I could do this without the reinforcement of the empowerment model.”
-Christiane Northrup, MD, Author of Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“The Institute provided me with the skills, knowledge, time and space to create a vision for my classroom and my teaching and to bring it into reality. My classroom is a different place to be. Thank you!”
-Debra Breger, 6th Grade Science Teacher
Dozens of corporations and non-profits have been trained or formed strategic partnerships to implement Empowerment Institute’s methodology. Some of the larger or more well know clients include:
ABC Television Junior League
Aerosmith, Inc. Lake Placid Olympic Organizing Committee
American Express 3M
A T & T NBC Television
Best Buy Ohio State University
Bull Rotary International
Ciba Geigy Shell
Coca Cola Target
Costco University of Pennsylvania
Cray Research University of Wisconsin
Deloitte Whole Foods Markets
Earth Day International World Bank
Honeywell Jaycees International
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE!!
Tips, Donations or Other Payments
Forget to leave a tip? Would you like to donate to Aligned Inside?
Did you want to make a Payment not listed above?
Click on this button and type in the amount, it’s that simple!